ABOUT ASTHMA AUSTRALIA:
Asthma Australia is a national organisation committed to supporting the one in nine Australians with Asthma to breathe better. Asthma Australia delivers evidence-based preventative health strategies, education and training and engages in advocacy on the issues that are important to people with Asthma.
Asthma Australia recognises Australia’s first peoples and values their cultural knowledge, strength and resilience in our work to improve the lives of people with asthma. We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands on which Asthma Australia staff works and pay respect to Elders, past and present and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in our community
HEALTH PROJECTS OFFICER (Adelaide)
WHO ARE YOU?
Perhaps you’re a project officer with 2 years’ experience, ready to apply your ideas and knowledge to new ways of addressing asthma.
Maybe you are working as part of a larger organisation in health projects and looking for a niche health sector where your relationship building skills will quickly bring you referral results.
YOUR NEW ROLE:
Asthma Australia is driving real change to make a greater impact for people with asthma. You will have a unique exciting opportunity to contribute to state based programs, alongside projects running across Australia within our national organisation.
Your role will focus on project coordination, through the use of evidence to plan and implement projects in the community and health care space. Current projects include; place based chronic disease management approaches, community co-design projects, testing new models of integrated care, health professional capacity building, and a school based program.
You will also be working through partnerships to support the integration of care for people with asthma including gaining referrals from health professionals to our asthma education programs.
Working collaboratively with the Project Manager and local and national teams, you will ensure projects and programs are delivering results and meeting the expectations of all parties, whilst focussing on increasing reach and impact for current services for people with asthma.
As an overview, your role covers:
- Project Coordination – providing support for the delivery of funded projects and programs across the state.
- Partnerships – building relationships across key areas of health including government, community and health professionals to embed Asthma Australia’s services.
- Contract Support– monitoring government and grant contracts at a national and local level.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Health experience - comprehensive experience in the health industry including a thorough understanding of the patient experience in living with a chronic disease.
- Partnership coordination – proven history developing and managing health networks and driving referral initiatives.
- Project coordination – 2 years working as a project officer delivering health projects.
- Qualifications - health, public health or associated field.
Sandra KaramiteliosView my full profile →
We are not a recruitment agency, we work with the client as internal recruiters. We are here to assist you with any questions you may have.
Please email if you have any difficulties using the portal or you are unsure about the process.